Third Border Initiative
The Third Border Initiative (TBI) is an area of policy concerning Canada and Mexico the Caribbean region is a Sea based border of the United States.
The initiative also builds upon the founding of the Caribbean/United States - Partnership for Prosperity and Security in the Caribbean (1997). An agreement which is sometimes called the "Bridgetown Accord". This agreement is also complimented with other agreements for Maritime co-operation between the United States and countries of the Caribbean region. These other agreements include: the Maritime Counter-Narcotics Co-operation Agreement (1996), the Maritime Counter-Narcotics ("Shiprider") Agreement (1997), and the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. Many of these agreements were signed between the Clinton Administration of the United States, and the various independent countries of the Caribbean region in May 1997.
- See also 1
- Notes 2
- References 3
- External links 4
- Canada–United States border
- Caribbean Basin Initiative (CBI)
- Caribbean Basin Trade Partnership Act (CBTPA)
- Caribbean Regional Maritime Agreement
- Free Trade Area of the Americas
- Caribbean Community (CARICOM)
- Williams, Michelle (Spring 2000) . Caribbean Shiprider Agreements: Sunk by Banana Trade War?. Vol. 31, No. 1. Joe Christensen, Inc. (Via The University of Miami Inter-American Law Review). pp. 163–195.
- Buddan, Robert (14 January 2007). "Crime, deportees, and the Third Border". Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- Singh, Rickey (7 March 2010). "Cases of 'bullying' US politics". Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- U.S. State Department (March 4, 1996). "TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO - SIGNING OF EXTRADITION AND MUTUAL LEGAL ASSISTANCE TREATIES - MARITIME COUNTER-DRUG COOPERATION AGREEMENT".
- White House: Fact Sheet President's Speech at the Summit of the Americas
- White House: Fact Sheet Caribbean Third Border Initiative
- Joint Statement by the United States of America, the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and the Dominican Republic on the Third Border Initiative - Washington, DC (13 January 2004)
- Terrorism and security in the caribbean before and after 9/11, Dion E. Phillips
- U.S./CARICOM/Dominican Republic Statement on Third Border Initiative - America. Gov (4 January 2004)
- USAID: Caribbean Regional
- Caribbean/United States - Partnership for Prosperity and Security in the Caribbean - Text document of agreement signed between the United States and Caribbean region at Bridgetown, Barbados on 10 May 1997.