The Sisters (California)

The Sisters (California)

The Sisters are two rock islands San Pablo Bay situated 500 metres (1,600 ft) northeast of Point San Pedro in Marin County, California.

The Sisters, along with The Brothers on the opposite side of the strait, were originally reserved for military purposes by order of President Andrew Johnson in 1867. After many a court battle the plans were scrapped.[1]

See also

References

  1. ^ "East Brother Lighthouse". Retrieved 8 July 2012. 
  2. ^ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: The Sisters