Republican Majority for Choice
The Republican Majority for Choice was renamed from the Republican Pro-Choice Coalition in 2004 after an American Viewpoint Poll commissioned by Republicans for Choice found that 73% of Republicans believe that the decision to have an abortion should not be made by a woman and her doctor and by the government.
The Republican Majority for Choice is allied with other Moderate to Liberal Republican Groups such as The The Wish List, Republicans for Environmental Protection, and the Kansas Traditional Republican Majority.
The following candidates were supported by the Republican Majority for Choice in 2008. Their status has been updated to reflect their current positions as of the 2010 U.S. elections.
U.S. House of Representatives
Note: The number in parenthesis indicates the Representative's congressional district.
- Lynn Jenkins, Kansas (2)
- Rodney Frelinghuysen New Jersey (11)
- Charlie Dent, Pennsylvania (15)
- Shelley Moore Capito West Virginia, (2)
- Republican Majority for Choice - 2008 Legislative Priorities (link changed to '-2010 Legislative Priorities', may not correctly reference material cited.)
- John Avlon on Anti-Abortion vs. Pro-Choice
- Republican Majority for Choice official site