NBA Friday on ESPN is not exclusive; local sports networks may still air the game in their market. In that case, the ESPN broadcast on these markets is subject to blackout and SportsCenter is usually aired instead.
- December 6, 2002 - The Los Angeles Lakers come back from a 30-point deficit (including a 28-point fourth quarter deficit) to defeat the then 17–1 Dallas Mavericks .
- January 17, 2003 - The first meeting between then-Los Angeles Laker Shaquille O'Neal and then-Houston Rockets rookie Yao Ming. The game was the second highest rated NBA game on cable ever at the time.
- January 31, 2003 - NBA legend Michael Jordan plays his final game in Chicago, Illinois as the Washington Wizards play the Chicago Bulls. The game airs on ESPN2, though ESPN pre-empted programming to air the starting lineups.
- November 19, 2004 - Pacers–Pistons brawl.
- February 10, 2012 - Jeremy Lin scored a career-high 38 points as the New York Knicks defeated the Los Angeles Lakers 92-85.
- InsideHoops.com - ESPN NBA