|— Lacrosse player —|
December 11, 1981 |
Oakville, Ontario, CA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||220 pounds (100 kg)|
|MSL team||Brampton Excelsiors|
Dan Dawson (born December 11, 1981 in Oakville, Ontario) is a Canadian professional lacrosse player who plays for the Rochester Knighthawks of the National Lacrosse League, Brampton Excelsiors (MSL) of Major Series Lacrosse, and is currently a free agent in Major League Lacrosse. Dawson ranks 10th on the all-time NLL points list as of the end of the 2011 season. He is a 7 time NLL All Pro selection (first team 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, second team 2006 ). As a professional, he is a 5 time Mann Cup Canadian box lacrosse champion, and a 1 time Major League Lacrosse (field) champion (2009 Toronto Nationals ). Representing Canada, Dawson has won two World Indoor (Box) Lacrosse Championship titles and was a finalist in the 2010 World (Field) Lacrosse Championship. Dawson has won two champion's cups as a member of the Rochester Knighthawks in 2013 and 2014.
- NLL career 1
- Canadian Professional Lacrosse 2
- Mann Cup 3
- International lacrosse career 4
- NLL 5.1
- CLA 5.2
- Awards 6
- References 7
Dawson was drafted in the sixth round (68th overall) by the Columbus Landsharks in 2001, and played in 11 games in his rookie season with Columbus, tallying 3 goals, 3 assists and 29 loose balls. In 2003, he played in 16 games, setting career highs in goals and loose balls. In 2004, Dawson helped Team Canada beat Team USA in the Heritage Cup. During the 2004 season, he led Arizona in assists and was 2nd in points. In 2005, Dawson finished 7th in the NLL with 84 points and 2nd in goals with 48. He scored a hat-trick in his first All-Star game with the West Division. In 2005 he was named a First Team All-Pro.
Dawson was selected first overall by the LumberJax in the 2008 dispersal draft, after the Arizona Sting and Boston Blazers announced that they would not be playing in the 2008 season. After leading the LumberJax's the 2008 Champions Cup final, Dawson was again put into National Lacrosse League dispersal draft pool when Arizona ceased operations. This time, Dawson was selected first overall by the Boston Blazers.
During the 2009 NLL season, he was named a starter to the All-Star Game. Dawson and Josh Sanderson both finished the season with 74 assists, a new league record. During the 2012 NLL season, Dawson broke the assists record he shared with Josh Sanderson. However, Garrett Billings eclipsed Dawson's total with 82 and now holds the record.)
Canadian Professional Lacrosse
As a junior in 2002 he played for Brampton Excelsiors Jr.A, jumped to the Brampton Excelsiors (MSL) that same year and won the Mann Cup. He was signed by the Victoria Shamrocks in 2005 and helped lead them to their 8th Mann Cup victory. He won the Bill Ellison Award twice for the MVP of the 2005 WLA playoffs and the 2006 WLA playoffs.
2002 - Member of Brampton Excelsiors (MSL), winners in the Mann Cup, MSL champions
2003 - Member of Brampton Excelsiors (MSL), runner up in the Mann Cup, MSL champions
2005 - Member of Victoria Shamrocks, winners in the Mann Cup, WLA champions
2006 - Member of Victoria Shamrocks, runner up in the Mann Cup, WLA champions
2008 - Member of Brampton Excelsiors (MSL), winners of the Mann Cup, MSL champions
2009 - Member of Brampton Excelsiors (MSL), winners of the Mann Cup, MSL champions
2011 - Member of Brampton Excelsiors (MSL), winners of the Mann Cup, MSL champions
Bible of Lacrosse Mann Cup Stats
International lacrosse career
2004 - Member of Team Canada, winners of the Heritage Cup (box lacrosse)
2007 - Member of Team Canada, winners of the World Indoor Lacrosse Championships in Halifax, Nova Scotia
2010 - Member of Team Canada, runner up in the World Lacrosse Championship in Manchester, England 
2011 - Member of Team Canada, winners of the World Indoor Lacrosse Championships in Prague, Czech Republic
Bible of Lacrosse 2011 World Box Lacrosse Stats
|Dan Dawson||Regular Season||Playoffs|
GP–Games played; G–Goals; A–Assists; Pts–Points; LB–Loose balls; PIM–Penalty minutes; Pts/GP–Points per game; LB/GP–Loose balls per game; PIM/GP–Penalty minutes per game
NLL Sportsmanship Award
NLL Most Valuable Player
Champion's Cup MVP
- "NLL All-Time Statistical Leaders". NLL.com. November 19, 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "Toronto Nationals - Dan Dawson Stats". www.pointstreak.com. November 19, 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "Dawson selected first overall by Portland". NLL.com. November 5, 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- "Dawson joins Boston Blazers". NLL.com. June 30, 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- "All-Star reserves announced". NLL.com. February 19, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "Sanderson & Dawson Set New Assists Record". NLL.com. April 17, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- "Wings acquire Paul Rabil, move Dawsons in big trade". NLL.com. December 14, 2011. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- "Bible of Lacrosse - Mann Cup Stats". wampsbibleoflacrosse.com. November 19, 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "Dawson scores at 2010 World Lacrosse Championships". teamcanadalax.wordpress.com. November 19, 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "Bible of Lacrosse - 2011 World Box Lacrosse Stats". wampsbibleoflacrosse.com. November 19, 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "Rochester Knighthawks - 2014 Playoffs - Roster - #6 - Dan Dawson - F". NLL.com. Retrieved June 4, 2014.