Bert Bell Award
|Bert Bell Award|
|Awarded for||Professional Player of the Year|
|Presented by||Maxwell Football Club|
|Currently held by||J. J. Watt|
|Official website||Bert Bell Award|
- Note: Not to be confused with the Bert Bell Man of the Year Award presented by the Bakers Club of Philadelphia.
The Bert Bell Award for the Professional American football Player of the Year is presented by the Maxwell Football Club. This award is named in honor of Bert Bell (1895–1959), Commissioner of the National Football League (NFL) and founder of the Maxwell Club. Voters for the Pro Awards are NFL owners, football personnel, head and assistant coaches as well as members of the Maxwell Football Club, national media, both electronic and print, and local media. The award consists of a trophy in the form of a statue in the likeness of Bell. The award is presented at the club's annual football banquet.
- Winners 1
- See also 2
- References 3
- External links 4
- Touchdown Club of Columbus
- Washington D.C. Touchdown Club
- Kansas City Committee of 101 Awards
- National Football League Most Valuable Player Award
- NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award
- Newspaper Enterprise Association Defensive Player of the Year Award
- NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award
- UPI AFL-AFC Player of the Year
- UPI NFC Player of the Year
- "Maxwell winners". Philly.com. January 27, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- Spofford, Mike (January 26, 2012). "McCarthy, Rodgers win Maxwell awards". Packers.com. Green Bay Packers, Inc. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- Bert Bell Award (Maxwell Football Club official website)