1994 San Francisco Giants season
| 1994 San Francisco Giants |
|Major league affiliations|
|General manager(s)||Bob Quinn|
|Local television|| KTVU|
(Ted Robinson, Mike Krukow, Joe Morgan, Duane Kuiper)
|Local radio|| KNBR|
(Ted Robinson, Hank Greenwald, Mike Krukow, Duane Kuiper)
(Julio Gonzalez, Rene De La Rosa)
|Previous season Next season|
The 1994 San Francisco Giants season was the franchise's 112th season and 37th season in San Francisco. After winning 103 games in 1993, the Giants record dropped to 55-60 in a strike-shortened season. This was also the season in which Matt Williams hit a career high 43 home runs through 115 games by the time the strike hit, on pace to finish with 61; had the season continued, Williams may have had a chance to break Roger Maris's then-single season record of 61 home runs set in 1961.
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 Awards and honors
- 5 Farm system
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- November 21, 1993: Mark Portugal signed as a Free Agent with the San Francisco Giants.
- December 20, 1993: Rex Hudler was signed as a Free Agent with the San Francisco Giants.
- March 22, 1994: Rex Hudler was released by the San Francisco Giants.
By Friday, August 12, the Giants had compiled a 55-60 record through 115 games. They had scored 504 runs (4.38 per game) and allowed 500 runs (4.35 per game).
- June 19, 1994: Darryl Strawberry signed as a Free Agent with the San Francisco Giants.
- June 29, 1994: Kent Bottenfield was signed as a Free Agent with the San Francisco Giants. 
- September 14, 1994: Yorvit Torrealba was signed by the San Francisco Giants as an amateur free agent.
|= Future All Star|
The following were notable Giants draft picks from the MLB Amateur Draft held on June 2, 1994.
|1||22||Dante Powell ||United States||Player signed July 13, 1994.|
|5||Bobby Howry ||United States||Player signed June 4, 1994.|
|9||Keith Foulke ||United States||Player signed June 3, 1994.|
|20||J.D. Drew ||United States||Did not sign.|
Opening Day Starters
- Todd Benzinger
- Barry Bonds
- John Burkett
- Royce Clayton
- Darren Lewis
- Kirt Manwaring
- Willie McGee
- Robby Thompson
- Matt Williams
|1994 San Francisco Giants|
|= Indicates team leader|
Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
Awards and honors
- 1994 San Francisco Giants team page at Baseball Reference
- 1994 San Francisco Giants team page at Baseball Almanac
|This article relating to an San Francisco Giants season is a stub. You can help World Heritage Encyclopedia by expanding it.|