1969 Detroit Tigers season
|1969 Detroit Tigers|
|Major League affiliations|
(George Kell, Larry Osterman)
(Ernie Harwell, Ray Lane)
|< Previous season Next season >|
The 1969 Detroit Tigers season was a season in American baseball. The team finished a distant second in the newly established American League East with a record of 90-72, 19 games behind the Baltimore Orioles.
- Offseason 1
Regular season 2
- Season standings 2.1
- Notable transactions 2.2
- Roster 2.3
Player stats 3
- Starters by position 3.1.1
- Other batters 3.1.2
- Starting pitchers 3.2.1
- Other pitchers 3.2.2
- Relief pitchers 3.2.3
- Batting 3.1
- Farm system 4
- Awards and honors 5
- Notes 6
- References 7
- October 15, 1968: Dick Drago was drafted from the Tigers by the Kansas City Royals as the 31st pick in the 1968 Major League Baseball expansion draft.
- December 15, 1968: Dennis Ribant was purchased from the Tigers by the Kansas City Royals.
- February 1, 1969: John Young was drafted by the Tigers in the 1st round (16th pick) of the 1969 Major League Baseball Draft (Secondary Phase).
|Boston Red Sox||87||75||22.0||.537|
|New York Yankees||80||81||28.5||.497|
- June 14, 1969: Ron Woods was traded by the Tigers to the New York Yankees for Tom Tresh.
- August 8, 1969: Don McMahon was traded by the Tigers to the San Francisco Giants for a player to be named later. The Giants completed the deal by sending César Gutiérrez to the Tigers on September 2.
Starters by positionNote: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting average; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in
Other battersNote: G = Games played; AB = At bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting average; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in
|Woods, RonRon Woods||17||15||4||.267||1||3|
Starting pitchersNote: G = Games pitched; IP = Innings pitched; W = Wins; L = Losses; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts
Other pitchersNote: G = Games pitched; IP = Innings pitched; W = Wins; L = Losses; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts
Relief pitchersNote: G = Games pitched; W = Wins; L = Losses; SV = Saves; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts
|Dobson, PatPat Dobson||49||5||10||9||3.60||64|
|McMahon, DonDon McMahon||34||3||5||11||3.89||38|
Awards and honors
- Dick Drago page at Baseball Reference
- Dennis Ribant page at Baseball Reference
- John Young page at Baseball Reference
- Tom Tresh page at Baseball Reference
- César Gutiérrez page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd; Wolff, Miles, eds. (1997). The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball (2nd ed.). Durham, N.C.: Baseball America.
- 1969 Detroit Tigers season at Baseball Reference