Wuyi County, Zhejiang
|Chinese 武义 transcription(s)|
|• Total||1,577 km2 (609 sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
The local government is sited in Lushan avenue.
North and West side of Wuyi is surrounded by mountains. The most important one, called Niutoushan is 1560,2 meters high.
At the autumn period, in the Chinese history, Wuyi belonged to Yue. During the Qin dynasty until the Han dynasty belonged to Wushang. In 691, was renamed as Wuyi. In 1958, the Suanping county, became a part of Wuyi increasing the importance of the city.
Wuyi's economy is mainly based on agriculture and tourism.
Industrial districts were limited trying to keep the city clean focusing on tourism. However, the Huang Long industry area is famous to content some of the most important European manufacturers in the area. Wuyi was chosen by companies such as Littlecherry, Ocean Hardware & Plastics, Australian Sino Paper or Sedeenchina that prefer produce in this small village better than some other nearby options such us Yiwu.
Some of Wuyi tourist attractions are:
- Guo Donggu ecologic village.
- Shouxian Valley
- Qingfeng Zai mountain
- Yanfu temple
- Yuyuan village
- Shuxi bridge