11 December 1888|
1 February 1943
Mareth Line, Tunisia
German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1910–43|
|Rank||General der Panzertruppen (posthumously)|
|Commands held||10. Panzer-Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Wolfgang Fischer (11 December 1888 – 1 February 1943) was a German career military officer and panzer commander in World War II. He was killed on 1 February 1943 in Tunisia near Mareth when his staff car drove into a poorly marked Italian minefield and hit a mine.
Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- Hanseatic Cross of Hamburg
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award 4th to 1st Class
Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (4 September 1939)
Iron Cross (1939)
- 1st Class (17 September 1939)
- Panzer Badge
- Eastern Front Medal
- German Cross in Gold on 22 April 1942 as Generalmajor and commander of the 10. Panzer-Division
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1997, p. 167.
- Patzwall and Scherzer 2001, p. 116.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 310.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- "Wolfgang Fischer". Lexikon der Wehrmacht website (in German). Retrieved 2009-05-25.
- Wolfgang Fischer @ Ritterkreuzträger 1939–45
Generalleutnant Ferdinand Schaal
Commander of 10. Panzer-Division
2 August 1941 – 1 February 1943
Generalmajor Friedrich Freiherr von Broich