Western High School (Anaheim, California)
|Western High School|
| 501 South Western Avenue|
Anaheim, California, United States
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Home of the Pioneers|
|School district||Anaheim Union High School District|
|Principal||Daniel K. Lunt|
|Color(s)|| Blue and White |
Western High School is a fully accredited public high school located in Anaheim, California, serving students in grades 9–12. The school is one of ten high schools in the Anaheim Union High School District. It is located in north Orange County and primarily serves middle income students. It was established in 1954. The school's mascot is the Pioneer.
Western High is a two time California Distinguished High School.
Athletic teams compete in the CIF Southern Section of the California Interscholastic Federation and are known as the "Pioneers". Notable athletes from the school include Tiger Woods and Andy Messersmith.
In 2007, the Pioneers won the 2007 CIF wrestling championship. The annual football game between Western and its rival Anaheim High School is referred to as the traditional "Bell Game", with the winning school receiving the Victory Bell. Western High School offers the following sports:
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2011)|
The Pioneer Press
Western's media design studio produces the popular The Pioneer Press weekly broadcast show. Students in the Arts, Media and Entertainment pathway take classes in digital animation, web, graphics, video production, music technology and broadcast.
- David Gilliland, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver
- Mike Iupati, offensive lineman for the San Francisco 49ers.
- Andy Messersmith, pitcher for the California Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers and Atlanta Braves, first free agent in baseball
- Fili Moala, NFL player for the Indianapolis Colts, former USC football player
- John Moses, outfielder for the Seattle Mariners
- Carol Rodríguez Puerto Rican sprinter
- Randy Schekman, cell biologist, winner of the 2013 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine
- Rich Severson, former major league baseball infielder
- Tiger Woods, professional golfer, 3x U.S. Amateur winner, 3x U.S. Junior Amateur winner
- Western High School website
Western's media design studio
- Western High School Alumni Association
- History of Western High School
- Anaheim Union High School District website
- Great Schools – Western High School
- Campus map