15 June 1902
12 June 1982
|Years of service||?–1945|
|Commands held||Grenadier-Regiment 415|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Walther Sievers (15 June 1902 – 12 June 1982) was a highly decorated Oberst in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (15 May 1940)
- 1st Class (22 July 1941)
Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- in Gold
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (15 November 1943)
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Demyansk Shield
- Eastern Front Medal (23 August 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (2 January 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1998, p. 322.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 325.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 66.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht