|UFC 45: Revolution|
|A poster or logo for UFC 45: Revolution.|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||November 21, 2003|
|Venue||Mohegan Sun Arena|
UFC 45: Revolution was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on 21 November 2003, at the Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville, Connecticut. The event was broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States, and later released on DVD.
This event marked the 10th anniversary of the UFC and to celebrate the anniversary the UFC inaugurated its Hall of Fame, with Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock as the first inductees. UFC President Dana White said; "We feel that no two individuals are more deserving than Royce and Ken to be the charter members. Their contributions to our sport, both inside and outside the Octagon, may never be equaled.”
In addition, ten fighters were chosen by fans to receive a Viewer's Choice Award during the event; they were Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Randy Couture, Tank Abbott, Mark Coleman, Pat Miletich, Marco Ruas, Dan Severn, Don Frye and Oleg Taktarov.
Frank Mir was scheduled to fight Tim Sylvia in a UFC Heavyweight Championship fight, then Wes Sims in a UFC 43 rematch, and finally, UFC 1 & 2 veteran Patrick Smith at this event, but each fighter was pulled from the card, resulting in Mir's withdrawal as well.
- Lightweight bout: Yves Edwards vs. Nick Agallar
- Edwards wins by technical knockout due to strikes at 2:14 of Round 2.
- Middleweight bout: Keith Rockel vs. Chris Liguori
- Rockel wins by submission due to a guillotine choke at 3:29 of Round 1.
- Rizzo wins by unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28). This was the last official UFC fight for both fighters.
- Lawler wins by unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 29–28).
- Tanner wins by technical knock out at 4:42 of round 1. This was a controversial finish due to a miscommunication between Baroni, who didn't want to stop fighting, and the referee who thought otherwise.
- Correira wins via cut at 2:14 of Round 1 via doctor stoppage due to a cut
- Lindland wins by submission due to strikes at 4:23 of Round 3.
- Hughes wins by submission due to a standing rear naked choke at 3:54 of Round 1 to retain the UFC Welterweight Championship.
- Official UFC Website
- Official UFC event results
- Sherdog event results
- UFC45 fights review