The Brothers (San Francisco Bay)
The Brothers are a pair of small islands, East Brother and West Brother, in San Francisco Bay, roughly 1,000 feet (300 m) west of Point San Pablo. The Diseño del Rancho de San Pablo (a plat map used to indicate rancho boundaries) names East Brother Island as Isla de Pajaros or "Bird Island."
The Brothers, along with The Sisters (two exposed rocks two miles (3 km) north of the Marin Islands, just off Point San Pedro) on the opposite side of the strait, were originally reserved for military purposes by order of President Andrew Johnson in 1867. After many a court battle, the plans were scrapped.
- East Brother Island Light
- List of islands of California
- San Francisco Bay Area
- The Sisters (California)
- USGS Topographic Map of Area
- East Brother Light Station