The Angry Hills (film)
|The Angry Hills|
|Directed by||Robert Aldrich|
|Music by||Richard Rodney Bennett|
|Edited by||Peter Tanner|
|Running time||105 min.|
Set in April 1941 in Athens just before the German invasion, the film follows an American journalist who possesses a list of Greek resistance leaders. After getting the list, he is pursued by all types of people keen to have it: Communist resistance fighters, Gestapo and Greek collaborators.
- Robert Mitchum as Mike Morrison
- Stanley Baker as Conrad Heisler
- Elisabeth Müller as Lisa Kyriakides
- Gia Scala as Eleftheria
- Theodore Bikel as Dimitrios Tassos
- Sebastian Cabot as Chesney
- Peter Illing as Leonides
- Leslie Phillips as Ray Taylor
- Donald Wolfit as Dr. Stergion
- Marius Goring as Colonel Elrick Oberg
- Jocelyn Lane as Maria Tassos
- Kieron Moore as Andreas
- George Pastell as Papa Panos
- Patrick Jordan as Bluey
- Marita Constantinou as Cleopatra
- Stanley Van Beers as Tavern Proprietor
- Alec Mango as Phillibos
The film was shot from June to December 1958.
According to MGM records the film earned $510,000 in the US and Canada and $775,000 elsewhere, resulting in a loss of $497,000.
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.
- Alain Silver and James Ursini, Whatever Happened to Robert Aldrich?, Limelight, 1995 p 251
- The Angry Hills at the Internet Movie Database