|Texas Across The River|
|Directed by||Michael Gordon|
|Produced by||Harry Keller|
James Van Heusen
|Edited by||Gene Milford|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Running time||101 minutes|
|Box office||$4.5 million (est. US/ Canada rentals)|
When Cottle, who wished to wed Phoebe Ann himself is accidentally killed, Don Andrea is charged with murder. He flees, promising to meet up with Phoebe Ann across the river in Texas, not yet a U.S. state.
In the wake of the failed wedding, Phoebe Ann is sent to Texas to lie low until the scandal blows over. Her wagon train is helped by Sam Hollis (Dean Martin) and his Indian sidekick, Kronk (Joey Bishop).
Along the way, Hollis gets separated from the wagon train and meets up with Don Andrea, whom he calls Baldy. The two form an antagonistic relationship, as well as a love-triangle with Phoebe Ann, made more complex by the Indian maiden Loneta (Tina Aumont), and the men's attempts to keep a Comanche raiding party at bay.
- Dean Martin as Sam Hollis
- Alain Delon as Don Andrea Baldazar, El Duce de la Casala (a.k.a. Baldy)
- Rosemary Forsyth as Phoebe Ann Naylor
- Joey Bishop as Kronk
- Peter Graves as Captain Rodney Stimpson
- Michael Ansara as Iron Jacket
- Andrew Prine as Sibley
- Richard Farnsworth as Comanche Medicine Man
- Tina Aumont as Lonetta (credited as Tina Marquand)
Filming began January 1966.
The film is now available on DVD through Universal's MOD program. The VHS version is long out of print.
- "Big Rental Pictures of 1966", Variety, 4 January 1967 p 8
- Delon, Dean Martin Team in Epic Martin, Betty. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 01 Nov 1965: c17.
- "Texas Across the River," Lyrics Playground, 2005-09, retrieved 2008-10-03.
- Texas Across the River at the Internet Movie Database
- Texas Across the River at Rotten Tomatoes
- Texas Across the RiverA 2008 review of