|Full name||Scott William Weltz|
March 19, 1987 |
San Jose, California
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||181 lb (82 kg)|
|Stroke(s)||Breaststroke, individual medley|
|Club||Marin Pirates (MP-PC)|
|College team||University of California, Davis|
Scott William Weltz (born March 19, 1987) is an American competition swimmer who specializes in breaststroke events. Weltz was a member of the 2012 United States Olympic team, and placed fifth in the 200-meter breaststroke event at the 2012 Olympic Games.
2012 Summer Olympic Games
At the 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials in Omaha, Nebraska, the U.S. qualifying meet for the Olympics, Weltz made the U.S. Olympic team for the first time by finishing first in the 200-meter breaststroke with a time of 2:09.01. Weltz also finished fourth in the 100-meter breaststroke with a time of 1:00.68. At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Weltz placed fifth in the finals of the 200-meter breaststroke with a time of 2:09.02. His semifinal time the day before (2:08.99) and Olympic Trial time (2:09.01) showed remarkable consistency.
- "Scott Weltz beats Brendan Hansen, Eric Shanteau in 200 breast - 2012 Olympics - SI.com". Sportsillustrated.cnn.com. 2012-06-26. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "Scott Weltz upsets Brendan Hansen, Eric Shanteau in 200 breast - ESPN". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials (swimming) – Men's 200 metre breaststroke (final)". Omega Timing. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials (swimming) – Men's 100 metre breaststroke (final)". Omega Timing. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- Scott Weltz – National Team swimmer profile at USASwimming.org
- Scott Weltz – University of California, Davis athlete profile at UCDavisAggies.com