Scotland B national rugby union team
|Union||Scottish Rugby Union|
The Scotland national B rugby union team was one of several national rugby union teams behind the Scottish national side.
It has now been disbanded.
- Team 1
- References 2
See also 3
Men's National teams 3.1
- Senior 3.1.1
- Development 3.1.2
- Age Grades 3.1.3
Women's National teams 3.2
- Senior 3.2.1
- Men's National teams 3.1
The B team played on 18 February 1989 against France B.
The squad was:
M Wright (Kelso); D A Stark (Ayr), B Edwards (Boroughmuir), R R W Maclean (Gloucester), W L Renwick (London Scottish); D K Shiel (Jed-Forest), J M Scott (Stewart's Melville FP); D F Milne (Heriot's FP), J A Hay (Hawick), P H Wright (Borougmuir), D S Munro (Glasgow High/Kelvinside), J F Richardson (Edinburgh Academicals), G E A Buchanan-Smith, C B S Richardson, captain, (both London Scottish), K P Rafferty (Heriot's FP). Replacements—I J Ramsey (Melrose), T J Exeter (London Scottish), S Jardine (South Glamorgan Institute), R I Wainwright (Edinburgh Academicals), D J D Buthcer (London Scottish), J G Runciman (Melrose).
It was coached then by Richie Dixon, at the time the coach of the Glasgow District side. It was reported in 1988 that Dixon had won Scotland B 5 out of their last 6 matches, including 2 France B matches
- "Shade is the only bright spot for Glasgow rugby". Herald Scotland.
- "The Glasgow Herald - Google News Archive Search". google.com.
Men's National teams
- Scotland national rugby union team
- Scotland A national rugby union team
- Scotland national rugby union team (sevens)
- Scotland B national rugby union team
- Scotland Club XV
- Scotland national under-21 rugby union team
- Scotland national under-20 rugby union team
- Scotland national under-19 rugby union team
- Scotland national under-18 rugby union team
- Scotland national under-17 rugby union team
- Scotland national under-16 rugby union team
Women's National teams