12 March 1915
9 May 1945
German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1935–45|
|Commands held||Panzer-Abteilung 103|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Rudolf Haen (12 March 1915 – 9 May 1945) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded the Panzer-Abteilung 103. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognize extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Haen was captured by American troops in May 1945 and was shot without trial.
- Awards 1
- Citations 2.1
- Bibliography 2.2
- External links 3
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (3 November 1939)
- 1st Class (10 July 1941)
- German Cross in Gold on 6 September 1942 as Hauptmann in the 1./Panzer-Abteilung 103
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (19 November 1942)
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 18 December 1942 as Hauptmann and chief of the 1./Panzer-Abteilung 103
- 590th Oak Leaves on 21 September 1944 as Major and commander of Panzer-Abteilung 103
- Thomas 1997, p. 236.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 158.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 359.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 210.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 89.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- World War 2 Awards.com