Root Sports Utah
|Root Sports Utah|
(as Prime Sports Intermountain West)
|Network||Fox Sports Networks|
|Owned by||DirecTV Sports Networks|
Nationwide (via satellite)
|Headquarters||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Prime Sports Intermountain West (1988–1996)
Fox Sports Utah (1996–2000)
Fox Sports Net Utah (2000–2004)
FSN Utah (2004–2011)
|Sister channel(s)||Root Sports Rocky Mountain|
|Dish Network||Channel varies by date|
|Available on select cable systems in Utah||Check local listings for channels|
Root Sports Utah is an American regional sports network that serves Utah that is part of Root Sports and is an affiliate of Fox Sports Networks. The channel is owned by DirecTV Sports Networks. It carries games from the NBA's Utah Jazz, college sports from the University of Utah and Utah State University, as well as Fox Sports Net programming.
It originally launched in 1990 as an affiliate of the Prime Network known as Prime Sports Intermountain West. It was a Fox Sports Net owned-and-operated affiliate from 1996 to 2008 and from 1996 to 2011 it was branded under their naming conventions (first as Fox Sports Utah from 1996 to 2000, then as Fox Sports Net Utah from 2000 to 2004 and FSN Utah from 2004 to 2011). It was purchased by DirecTV Sports Networks in 2008 and took its current name three years later. The Utah Jazz signed a new exclusive 12-year agreement with the channel on October 20, 2009, ending the team's broadcasts on KJZZ-TV.
- Thurl Bailey - Jazz Live studio analyst
- Craig Bolerjack - Utah Jazz play-by-play
- Ron Boone - Utah Jazz color commentary
- Steve Brown - Utah Jazz sideline reporter
- Alema Harrington - Jazz Live studio host
- Matt Harpring - Utah Jazz color commentary
- Phil Johnson - Jazz Live studio analyst
- Spangler, Todd (4 May 2009). "DirecTV, Liberty Media Announce Spin-Off Plan". Multichannel News. Retrieved 6 May 2009.
- 'Root Sports' new name for sports networks
- Jazz sign 12-year agreement with FSN Utah Salt Lake Tribune October 20, 2009.