Indiegogo Campaign Promotional Poster
|Directed by||Ross Patterson|
|Produced by||Ross Patterson|
Range 15 is an ensemble horror/action comedy indie film with a release date tentatively scheduled for Spring (May) 2016. As of October 2015, Range 15 is the 4th highest crowd sourced film on Indiegogo. The movie is a collaboration between the Veteran run military themed apparel companies, Ranger Up and Article 15 Clothing, and stars many of their staff members. The movie is being produced and directed by Ross Patterson.
- Hollywood Stars 1.1
- Military Stars 1.2
- Background 2.1
- Crowd-Sourcing campaign 2.2
- Filming 2.3
- References 3
- External links 4
- Sean Astin as Grigsby
- Randy Couture as Himself
- Keith David as Colonel Holloway
- Dale Dye as President Mattis, United States of America
- Ron Jeremy
- Martin Klebba as Little Zombie
- Jim O'Heir as Scientist Hathaway
- Ross Patterson as Gene Vandenham
- William Shatner as Richard Chindler, Attorney at Law
- Danny Trejo as Himself
- Tom Amenta
- Mat Best, president of Article 15 Clothing
- Mary Dague
- Evan Hafer
- Tim Kennedy, Army Green Beret and UFC MMA Fighter
- Marcus Luttrell, retired Navy SEAL and subject of the book, "Lone Survivor"
- Jack Mandaville
- Nick Palmisciano, founder of Ranger Up
- Leroy Petry, Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient
- Clint Romesha, Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient
- Spencer Stone
- Jarred Taylor
- Rob Vardaro
- Vincent Vargas
The primary inspiration for making Range 15 was the poor portrayal of the military in many of the movies produced by Hollywood. The members of Ranger Up and Article 15 Clothing felt that the majority of Hollywood movies portrayed military personnel as cliched versions of themselves, one-dimensional, humorless Neanderthals. Ranger Up and Article 15 set a goal to make a movie for current and former military members that portrays the military in a more realistic and authentic way. Ranger Up and Article 15 Clothing kicked off an Indiegogo campaign by releasing a six-minute YouTube video in May 2015. They enlisted the help of two Congressional Medal of Honor Recipients, Dakota Meyer and Leroy Petry, and former Army Green Beret and UFC MMA fighter, Tim Kennedy, in the launch video. Their addition added military Veteran star power to the fledgling film. Marcus Luttrell and Clint Romesha joined the film during the Indiegogo campaign, adding additional Veteran star power to the cast. Dakota Meyer later dropped out of the film in September 2015, due to personal reasons, and is no longer associated with Range 15. Once the project was green lit, negotiations began in an effort to sign Hollywood talent to the film. Well known actors such as Danny Trejo, Keith David, Dale Dye, Jim O'Heir and William Shatner eventually joined the cast.
Ranger Up and Article 15 Clothing launched a crowd-sourcing campaign for Range 15 on Indiegogo in May 2015. The initial goal of the campaign was set at $325,000, which was needed to move forward with production of the film. This was in addition to the $250,000 that each company had already committed to the film. The two companies utilized social media and a large assortment of perk packages to garner support for the film. Perks ranged from digital downloads of the film, executive producer credit, extra in the film and being the film's ultimate hero. Within the first 24 hours, the campaign had raised over $120,000 and within a week, had hit their initial goal. Throughout the campaign, Ranger Up and Article 15 continued to promote the campaign on social media, adding new perks and goals for the campaign as each previous goal was met. The new goals often came with a new feature to the film. At $700,000, the team was able to add helicopters and jets to support the movie and at $900,000, the team added a CGI team. The team set a final $1 million goal with the pledge to add an "A-Lister to top all A-Listers" actor to the cast.
In June 2015, Range 15 was the 5th highest crowd sourced film on Indigogo. At the end of the official campaign on 25 June 2015, over $800,000 had been raised for the film and moved into 4th place on Indiegogo. The campaign remained open for additional contributions and on 21 October 2015, funding exceeded $1 million on Indiegogo. The average monetary contribution to the film was over $100, which topped the average contribution to the other films in Indiegogo's Top 4 by $20 or more.
Principal photography began on 5 October 2015. Filming was completed in two weeks and wrapped in mid-October 2015. The movie is currently in post-production.
- "Ranger Up, Article 15 plan movie with 2 MOH recipients". Army Times. May 12, 2015. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- Brooks, Drew (May 25, 2015). "Veterans plan a film to challenge Hollywood depictions of them".
- Ernest, Douglas (May 27, 2015). "Marcus Luttrell joins veterans’ ‘Range 15’ project: ‘Not the movie that Hollywood would ever make’".
- Anderson, Jon R. (October 12, 2015). "Veteran-made 'Range 15' zombie flick launches filming". Military Times. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- Lilley, Kevin (August 11, 2015). "‘Range 15’ movie adds William Shatner, nears $900K funding mark". Army Times. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- "Veterans plan a film to challenge Hollywood depictions of them". Fayetteville Observer. 25 May 2015. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- "Ranger Up-Article 15 movie clears $325K funding goal". Army Times. 18 May 2015. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- "Range 15 Is Top 5 Most Funded Film In IndieGoGo History". The Havok Journal. 16 June 2015. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- Range 15 at the Internet Movie Database
- Range 15 Announcement Video
- Range 15 Indiegogo Campaign Page
- Ranger Up
- Article 15 Clothing