30 October 1891|
15 September 1964
German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1920)
|Years of service||
|Commands held||Grenadier-Regiment 308|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
|Other work||Police officer|
Paul Schultz (30 October 1891 – 15 September 1964) was a Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II, and one of only 882 recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Paul Schultz was captured by American troops in May 1945 and was released in 1947.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (9 September 1914)
- 1st Class (6 July 1918)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (17 April 1940)
- 1st Class (1 August 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Kuban Shield
- German Cross in Gold (18 October 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 3 September 1942 as Oberst and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 308
- 284th Oak Leaves on 26 August 1943 as Oberst and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 308
- Thomas 1998, p. 298.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 318.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 62.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- World War 2 Awards.com