25 September 1917|
11 September 1991
Nazi Germany (to 1945)
|Years of service||1936–45, 1955–75|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Dr. Othmar Pollmann[Note 1] (25 September 1917 – 11 September 1991) was a highly decorated Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Following World War II he served in the Bundeswehr of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Awards and decorations 1
- Notes 2
- Citations 3.1
- Bibliography 3.2
- External links 4
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (31 May 1940)
- 1st Class (11 November 1940)
Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (29 June 1940)
- in Silver (18 July 1942)
- in Gold (14 September 1942)
- Infantry Assault Badge in Silver (1 December 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal (24 July 1942)
- German Cross in Gold on 9 October 1942 as Oberleutnant in the 5./Infanterie-Regiment 481
Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze (14 November 1943)
- in Silber (25 February 1945)
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 27 August 1943 as Major and commander of the II./Grenadier-Regiment 481
- 760th Oak Leaves on 28 February 1945 as Major and adjutant of the 45. Infanterie-Division[Note 2]
- First name is sometimes spelled Ottmar.
- According to Scherzer as leader of Grenadier-Regiment 279 and IIa (1st Adjutant—personnel administration for officers) of the 95. Infanterie-Division.
- Thomas 1998, p. 166.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 356.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 601.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 342.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 83.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- World War 2 Awards.com