Musée de Notre Dame de Paris
The Musée de Notre Dame de Paris was a small museum dedicated to the cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris and its archaeology. It stands at 10, rue du Cloître Notre Dame, Paris, France, and was open to the public several afternoons per week; an admission fee was charged.
The museum was established in 1951 to present the cathedral's history, as well as archaeological objects found in the cathedral's crypt dating from Roman times to the 19th century. It displayed objects discovered in archaeological digs; drawings, plans and engravings of the cathedral; scale models; paintings; and historical documents including a petition to restore the cathedral signed by, among others, Victor Hugo and Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres.
The museum is closed since November 2008.
- Paris.org entry
- Museums of Paris entry
- Sortir a Paris description (French)
- Steve Fallon, Paris, Lonely Planet, 2004, page 92. ISBN 1-74059-760-5.