|Full name||Matthew Abood|
28 June 1986 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||1.97 m (6 ft 5 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||90 kilograms (200 lb)|
|Club||New South Wales Institute of Sport|
He failed to qualify for the 2010 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships ('Pan Pacs'), however competed in the 100m freestyle to win the Canadian Nationals.
He regained the 50m national title at the 2011 Australian Swimming Championships and qualified to swim in the 4×100m freestyle relay at the world championships.
Career Best Times
According to Swimming Australia, Abood's best times are as follows:
- 50m Freestyle – 21.74 - 2009 World Championships, Rome
- 100m Freestyle – 48.35 - 2009 World Championships, Rome
- 50m Freestyle – 20.89 (Australian Record Holder) - 2009 FINA World Cup, Berlin
- 100m Freestyle – 45.45 (Commonwealth Record Holder) - 2009 FINA World Cup, Singapore
- "Matthew Abood". clubsonline.com.au. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "The Australian". 23 March 2009.
- Swimming Australia profiles: Matthew Abood
- Matthew Abood's profile at Swimming Australia