|Full name||Matthew Haynes Vogel|
|National team||United States|
June 3, 1957 |
Fort Wayne, Indiana
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||187 lb (85 kg)|
|College team||University of Tennessee|
Matthew Haynes Vogel (born June 3, 1957) is an American former competition swimmer, Olympic gold medalist, and former world record-holder. He competed at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal where he received gold medals in the 100-meter butterfly, and the 4×100-meter medley relay.
Vogel set one world record during his career, in 4×100-meter medley relay.
Vogel is currently the head coach of Coastal Maine Aquatics in Cape Elizabeth, Maine]. He was formerly the head coach of Fort Wayne Aquatics in Indiana from 2006-2014.
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (men)
- List of University of Tennessee people
- World record progression 4 × 100 metres medley relay
- "1976 Olympics – Montreal, Canada – Swimming" – databaseOlympics.com (Retrieved on May 2, 2008)
- International Swimming Hall of Fame, Honorees, Matt Vogel (USA). Retrieved October 5, 2012.
- Matt Vogel – Olympic athlete profile at Sports-Reference.com
- Matt Vogel (USA) – Honor Swimmer profile at International Swimming Hall of Fame
( NCAA Champion 100yd Butterfly 1976 ( SEC Champion 100yd Butterfly, 400yd Medley Relay 1976