17 October 1913|
18 August 1944
|Years of service||1939–44|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Martin Hrustak (17 October 1913 – 18 August 1944) was an Oberfeldwebel in the Wehrmacht during World War II, and one of only 882 recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Martin Hrustak was killed on 18 August 1944 near Riga, Latvia.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (30 September 1941)
- 1st Class (8 January 1943)
Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- Eastern Front Medal
- Infantry Assault Badge
Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 11 December 1943 as Oberfeldwebel and platoon leader in 7./Grenadier-Regiment 162
- 473rd Oak Leaves on 14 May 1944 as Oberfeldwebel and platoon leader in 7./Grenadier-Regiment 162
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 195.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 70.
- Schaulen, Fritjof (2003). Eichenlaubträger 1940 – 1945 Zeitgeschichte in Farbe I Abraham – Huppertz [Oak Leaves Bearers 1940 – 1945 Contemporary History in Color I Abraham – Huppertz] (in German). Selent, Germany: Pour le Mérite.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Ritterkreuzraeger 1939-1945