9 January 1910
Did not recognize date. Try slightly modifying the date in the first parameter. (aged 66)
|Years of service||1937–45|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Josef-August Fitz (9 January 1910 - 1 January 1977) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
- Sudetenland Medal with Prague Castle Bar (31 October 1939)
- Iron Cross (1939)
Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- in Gold (21 December 1942)
- General Assault Badge (21 April 1941)
Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze
- in Silver
- Eastern Front Medal
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1997, p. 168.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 310.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 84.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- "Josef-August Fitz". Lexikon der Wehrmacht (in German). Retrieved 17 February 2011.