30 May 1900
Pocking, Lower Bavaria, Germany
Did not recognize date. Try slightly modifying the date in the first parameter. (aged 44)
near Raseiniai, Lithuania
|Years of service||?–1944|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves (posthumously)|
Jakob Gansmeier (30 May 1900 – 8 August 1944) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a posthumous recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (22 June 1940)
- 1st Class (19 August 1942)
- Blood Order
- Wound Badge (1939) in Silver
- Close Combat Clasp in Bronze
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Scherzer 2007, p. 326.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 87.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- "Jakob Gansmeier". Lexikon der Wehrmacht (in German). Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "Jakob Gansmeier". Ritterkreuzträger 1939-45 (in German). Retrieved 18 February 2011.