Iipay Nation of Santa Ysabel
|Regions with significant populations|
|United States (California)|
Traditional tribal religion,
Christianity (Roman Catholic)
|Related ethnic groups|
|other Kumeyaay tribes, Cocopa, Quechan, Paipai, and Kiliwa|
The Santa Ysabel Reservation () is a federal reservation, located in northeastern San Diego County, California, near the mountain towns of Santa Ysabel and Julian. The reservation was founded in 1893 and is 15,526.78 acres (62.8346 km2) large. 110 people of 300 enrolled members lived there in the 1970s.
The Santa Ysabel Band is headquartered in Santa Ysabel, California. They are governed by a democratically elected tribal council. Virgil Perez is their current tribal chairperson and Brandie Taylor is the vice chairwoman. Perez succeeded Johnny Hernandez in office.
The tribe owned and operated the Santa Ysabel Resort and Casino and the Orchard Restaurant and the Seven Oaks Bar and Grill, located in Santa Ysabel until they went out of business on February 3rd 2014 after being denied chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- "California Indians and Their Reservations: P. SDSU Library and Information Access: Population. (retrieved 23 May 2010)
- Eargle, 118-9
- "California Indians and Their Reservations: J. SDSU Library and Information Access. (retrieved 22 May 2010)
- Pritzker, 146
- Shipek, 612
- "Tribal Governments by Area." National Congress of American Indians. (retrieved 23 May 2010)
- "Santa Ysabel Resort & Casino." 500 Nations. (retrieved 23 May 2010)
- "Santa Ysabel Casino." (retrieved 23 May 2010)
- "Santa Ysabel Casino Goes Out of Business". Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- Eargle, 136
- Eargle, Jr., Dolan H. California Indian Country: The Land and the People. San Francisco: Tree Company Press, 1992. ISBN 0-937401-20-X.
- Pritzker, Barry M. A Native American Encyclopedia: History, Culture, and Peoples. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. ISBN 978-0-19-513877-1.
- Shipek, Florence C. "History of Southern California Mission Indians." Handbook of North American Indians. Volume ed, Heizer, Robert F. Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institution, 1978. 610-618. ISBN 0-87474-187-4.
- Iipay Nation of Santa Ysabel