If You Love Me, Baby
|"If You Love Me, Baby"|
|Single by Tony Sheridan and The Beat Brothers|
|A-side||"Ain't She Sweet"|
|Released||29 May 1964|
|Recorded||24 June 1961 at Studio Rahlstedt, Hamburg, Germany|
|Label||Polydor Records NH 52-317 (UK)|
|Writer(s)||C. Singleton, W. Hall|
"If You Love Me, Baby" also known as "Take Out Some Insurance on Me, Baby (If You Love Me, Baby)" or on many albums simply as "Take Out Some Insurance on Me Baby" is a song written by C. Singleton and W. Hall.
Tony Sheridan and The Beatles version
It was covered by Tony Sheridan and The Beatles. It was recorded in Hamburg while The Beatles were playing at the Top Ten Club. It was produced for Polydor by Bert Kaempfert. It appeared on the album The Beatles' First (Polydor Records Ltd, UK 236.201.) which was first released in Germany in 1962 (on the album My Bonnie) and then saw re-release in England in 1967.
In 1959 Jimmy Reed released 'Take Out Some Insurance', the first notable cover of this song.
- "Ain't She Sweet" / "If You Love Me, Baby (Take Out Some Insurance on Me, Baby)" — released 29 May 1964 on Polydor NH 52-317 (UK).
- "Sweet Georgia Brown" / "Take Out Some Insurance on Me, Baby (If You Love Me, Baby)" — released 1 June 1964 on Atco 63102 (US).
- The Beatles' First, released 4 August 1967 in the UK.
- In the Beginning (Circa 1960), released 4 May 1970 in the US.
- Very Together, released October 1969 in Canada.
- Tony Sheridan – lead vocals
- John Lennon – rhythm guitar
- Paul McCartney – bass guitar
- George Harrison – lead guitar
- Pete Best – drums
- Karl Hinze – engineer
- Bert Kaempfert – producer
- The Beatles Bible about the song, with the text
- The Beatles Bible about the recording session
- with line-ups of the Beatles tracks
Liner notes by Tony Sheridan for "The Beatles' First" (Polydor Records Ltd., UK 236.201)