|No. of teams||8|
|Most recent champion(s)||Neptunus (14th title)|
The Honkbal Hoofdklasse (Dutch for Major League Baseball) is the highest level of professional baseball in the Netherlands. It is an eight-team league that plays a 42-game schedule and is overseen by the Royal Netherlands Baseball and Softball Federation (KNBSB). Games are played principally on weekends. The season runs from April to September and is followed by the playoffs among the four best teams, which culminates in the Holland Series. Both of the playoff rounds are best-of-five. The league follows a promotion and relegation system with the Honkbal Overgangsklasse so that the composition of both levels changes from year to year. Many of the official team nicknames contain the name of the club's corporate sponsor.
The two best teams participate in the European Cup.
- This team competes in the 2012 Honkbal Hoofdklasse.
The 2013 Honkbal Hoofdklasse season began on April 11, 2013. Mampaey The Hawks from Dordrecht competed in the Hoofdklasse for the first time. Sparta/Feyenoord, the relegated team from the 2012 season, was declared bankrupt by the Rotterdam court on November 22, 2012, and did not compete in the Overgangsklasse. Corendon Kinheim, the 2012 champion, sought to prolong their title.
- Honkbal Rookie League
- Baseball in the Netherlands
- Baseball awards#Netherlands
- Baseball awards#Europe
- List of Dutch champions (Dutch)
- de Nederlandse honkbalsite (Dutch)
- KNBSB (Royal Netherlands Baseball and Softball Federation) (Dutch)
- Connor, Joe. Welcome to the Netherlands. ESPN (MLB), January 17, 2006. Retrieved 2009-12-16.
- Remington, Alex. Honkbal! Netherlands Bids to Host MLB in 2014. FanGraphs. September 1, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-03.
- 2008 Netherlands Baseball All-Star Team and MVP (fan vote at "de Nederlandse honkbalsite"). November 10, 2008. Mister Baseball: All about Baseball & Softball in Europe
- Rodney Daal Signs Pro Contract with San Diego Padres Organization. August 24, 2010. Mister Baseball: All about Baseball & Softball in Europe