16 April 1904
9 October 1980
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1921–45|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Hinrich Warrelmann (16 April 1904 – 9 October 1980) was a highly decorated Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Hinrich Warrelmann was captured by British troops in April 1945.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (21 September 1939)
- 1st Class (13 June 1940)
Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (27 February 1944)
- German Cross in Gold (28 February 1942)
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 16 April 1944 as Oberst and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 502
- 555th Oak Leaves on 19 August 1944 as Oberst and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 502
- Thomas 1998, p. 415.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 354.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 73.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- World War 2 Awards.com
Commander of 183. Volksgrenadier-Division
25 February 1945 - 8 May 1945