3 June 1919
8 June 1944
La Cambe German war cemetery
Block 48—Row 9—Grave 360 A
|Years of service||1937–1944|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Herbert Huppertz (3 June 1919 – 8 June 1944) was a German Luftwaffe ace and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves during World War II. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Herbert Huppertz claimed 68 victories including 32 over the Eastern Front. He was shot down on 8 June 1944. Huppertz was posthumously promoted to Major and awarded the Oak Leaves to his Knight's Cross on 24 June 1944.
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (26 April 1941)
- Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe
- Iron Cross (1939)
- German Cross in Gold on 26 December 1943 as Hauptmann in the 8./Jagdgeschwader 2
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1997, p. 315.
- Patzwall and Scherzer 2001, p. 203.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 197.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 72.
- Obermaier, Ernst (1989). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe Jagdflieger 1939 – 1945 [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the Luftwaffe Fighter Force 1941 – 1945] (in German). Mainz, Germany: Verlag Dieter Hoffmann.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Schaulen, Fritjof (2003). Eichenlaubträger 1940 – 1945 Zeitgeschichte in Farbe I Abraham – Huppertz [Oak Leaves Bearers 1940 – 1945 Contemporary History in Color I Abraham – Huppertz] (in German). Selent, Germany: Pour le Mérite.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Spick, Mike (1996). Luftwaffe Fighter Aces. New York:
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Aces of the Luftwaffe