1 March 1918
Did not recognize date. Try slightly modifying the date in the first parameter. (aged 72)
Nazi Germany (to 1945)
|Years of service||
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Heinz-Otto Fabian (1 March 1918 – 16 September 1990) was a highly decorated Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II and later a Brigadegeneral of the Bundeswehr. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves, awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (1 January 1941)
- 1st Class (3 October 1941)
- Wound Badge (1939) in Silver
- German Cross in Gold on 8 December 1942 as Oberleutnant in the 5./Grenadier-Regiment 516
- Silver Medal of Military Valor (1943)
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 15 March 1943 as Oberleutnant and leader of the III./Grenadier-Regiment 534
- 522nd Oak Leaves on 9 July 1944 as Hauptmann and II./Grenadier-Regiment 361 (motorisiert)
- Thomas 1997, p. 160.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 108.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 301.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 85.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- "Heinz-Otto Fabian". Lexikon der Wehrmacht (in German). Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- "Eiserne Besen". Der Seigel 43/1968 (in German). Retrieved 17 February 2011.