18 April 1918|
27 May 2006
|Years of service||1938–45|
|Rank||Major der Reserve|
|Commands held||Pionier-Battalion 20 (motorised)|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Heinrich Keese (18 April 1918 – 27 May 2006) was a highly decorated Major der Reserve in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (13 July 1941)
- 1st Class (6 June 1942)
Wound Badge (1939)
- Black (?)
- Silver (?)
- Gold (?)
- German Cross in Gold (3 January 1944)
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (27 July 1944)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 207.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 83.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Ritterkreuztraeger 1939-1945