Heartland (TV network)
|Launched||November 1, 2012|
|Owned by||Luken Communications|
|Slogan||The Heart of Country|
|Headquarters||Chattanooga/Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|Formerly called||The Nashville Network (2012-2013)|
Heartland is an American country music-oriented digital broadcast television network that is owned by Luken Communications. Launched on April 16, 2012, the network began in 2012 as a revival of The Nashville Network (TNN) that existed as a basic cable and satellite television network from March 7, 1983 to September 24, 2000.
The revival of The Nashville Network took on the name "Heartland" on October 9, 2013. The termination of the license agreement between Luken Communications and Jim Owens Entertainment, Inc. for the trademark was approved by the bankruptcy court on October 31, 2013.
- History 1
- Programming 2
- Alabama 3.1
- California 3.2
- Colorado 3.3
- Florida 3.4
- Georgia 3.5
- Kansas 3.6
- Kentucky 3.7
- Louisiana 3.8
- Michigan 3.9
- Minnesota 3.10
- Mississippi 3.11
- Missouri 3.12
- Montana 3.13
- New Mexico 3.14
- New York 3.15
- North Carolina 3.16
- Ohio 3.17
- South Carolina 3.18
- South Dakota 3.19
- Tennessee 3.20
- Texas 3.21
- See also 4
- References 5
- External links 6
On April 16, 2012, it was announced that Luken Communications and Jim Owens Entertainment would relaunch The Nashville Network as a digital broadcast television network on November 1, 2012. Jim Owens Entertainment, producers of the Crook & Chase television program and the Crook & Chase Top 40 Countdown radio show (among other programs), acquired The Nashville Network trademark and logo.
On October 9, 2013, the network was rebranded Heartland, carrying much of the same programming and format.
Programming that aired on the new Nashville Network included shows such as Nashville Now, Crook & Chase, Celebrity Kitchen with Lorraine Crook, The Country Vibe with Chuck & Becca, Music City Tonight, The Rick and Bubba Show, and Larry's Country Diner. Some of the same programming survived to Heartland.
|Birmingham||WBMA-LD||58.3||40.3||Sinclair Broadcast Group|
|Denver||KHDT-LD||16.4||16||Syncom Media Group|
|Orlando||WKMG-TV||6.3||26||Graham Media Group||
Cox Cable (Marion County) 108
|Dalton||WDGA-CD||43||47||North GA Television||
Also available on Optilink 16 - Charter 13
Coming soon to Charter
|Wichita||KSMI-LP||30.2||30||Digital Networks||Moved from Sister Station KGPT-CA Channel 49.1|
|Paducah||WPSD-TV||6.2||32||Paxton Media Group||
Poplar Bluff Cable 159 
|Lake Charles||KYHT-LD||43.1||43||C. Dowen Johnson||Sister Station of KAOB-LD 27 Beaumont|
|Mankato/St. James||K16CG-D||16.3||16||Cooperative Television|
|Bruce||W07BN-D||7.4||7||Bruce Independent Television|
|Kalispell||K34MJ-D||34.5||34||Weese Enterprises||(IN HD)|
|Santa Fe||KCHF||11.3||10||Son Broadcasting|||
|Asheville||WASV-LP||50.1||50||Digital Networks||(IN HD)|
|Greenville||WTMH-LD||21.1||21||Tutt Media Group||Suddenlink Digital 103|
|Dayton||WWRD-LP||32.1||42.1||Life Broadcasting Network||
Time Warner Cable South/East 22
Time Warner Central/North 997
Wright Patterson AFB 19
|Greenville||WASV-LP||50.1||50||Digital Networks||(IN HD)|
|Rapid City||KRPC-LD||33.1||33||Digital Networks||(IN HD)|
|Chattanooga||WOOT-LD||6.1||31 → 38||Digital Networks||
Secondary Flagship Station
EPB 165/465 (IN HD)
|Johnson City||WKPT-TV||19.4||27||Holston Valley Broadcasting Corp.||Charter 91|
Main Flagship Station
Charter 91/Comcast 230
North Central Telephone 127
|Beaumont||KAOB-LD||27.1||27||C. Dowen Johnson||Sister Station Of KYTH-LD 43 Lake Charles|
† Any launch dates noted are subject to change.
- Great American Country – former competitor and current home to some former TNN programs.
- RFD-TV – a network launched in 2000, carrying reruns of several shows originally aired on TNN.
- Country Music Television – a similar channel.
- ZUUS Country – another digital subchannel that exclusively features country music videos.
- TNN Returns!
- "TNN to Air Rick & Bubba Morning Show". All Access. September 19, 2012. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- "Jim Owens Entertainment ends licensing deal with Luken". Radio & Television Business Report. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Crook and Chase Stars Join Luken Communications at NAB to Announce the Return of The Nashville Network". Yahoo News. April 16, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Reynolds, Mike (April 16, 2012). "NAB: The Nashville Network Eyes New Verses as Digital Broadcast Network". Multichannel News. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "The Nashville Network Returns". The Chattanoogan. April 16, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Nashville Network Now The Heartland Network, TVNewsCheck, October 18, 2013.
- "Stations for Network - TNN", RabbitEars.info, retrieved November 1, 2012
- Heartland Affiliates
- TNN Announces WPSD-TV As New Paducah Affiliate
- "Nashville's WSMV Named Flagship Affiliate For The Nashville Network", PRWeb, October 29, 2012, retrieved November 1, 2012
- Official website