Hans-Detloff von Cossel
|Hans-Detloff von Cossel|
1 July 1916|
Swakopmund, German South-West Africa
22 July 1943
|Years of service||1934–45|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Hans-Detloff von Cossel (1 July 1916 – 22 July 1943) was a highly decorated Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Major von Cossel was killed in action near Orel during Operation Kutuzov and was posthumously awarded Oak Leaves.
- Awards and decorations 1
- See also 2
- References 3
- External links 4
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (22 September 1939)
- 1st Class (20 December 1939)
Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (19 August 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal
- German Cross in Gold (5 May 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1997, p. 103.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 131.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 62.
- Alman, Karl (2008). Panzer vor - Die dramtische Geschichte der deutschen Panzerwaffe und ihre tapferen Soldaten (in German). Würzburg, Germany: Flechsig Verlag. ISBN 978-3-88189-638-2.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht