Hans-Babo von Rohr
|Hans-Babo von Rohr|
9 October 1922|
14 February 1945
|Years of service||1941–45|
|Rank||Oberleutnant der Reserve (Posthumously)|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Hans-Babo von Rohr (9 October 1922, Wolletz – 14 February 1945) was a highly decorated Oberleutnant der Reserve in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Hans-Babo von Rohr was credited with destroying 58 armoured vehicles during World War II. He was killed on 14 February 1945 and was posthumously promoted to Oberleutnant der Reserve and on 24 February 1945 he received Oak Leaves.[Notes 1]
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (1945)
- Eastern Front Medal
- 3 Tank Destruction Badges for Individual Combatants
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- According to Scherzer he died of wounds on 15 February 1945.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 637.
- Thomas 1998, p. 223.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 295.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 81.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht