2 October 1917|
22 January 1943
|Years of service||1937–43|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Günter Klappich (22 January 1917 – 22 January 1943) was a highly decorated Hauptmann in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Klappich was killed in 1943 during the Battle of Rostov, and was posthumously awarded Oak Leaves and promoted to Hauptmann.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (18 May 1940)
- 1st Class (9 September 1940)
- Infantry Assault Badge in Silver (27 June 1940)
Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (12 September 1940)
- in Silver (15 August 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal (3 August 1942)
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 30 July 1942 as Oberleutnant and chief of 11. / Infanterie-Regiment 60 
- 254th Oak Leaves on 8 June 1943 as Oberleutnant and leader of III. / Infanterie-Regiment 60 
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 211.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 61.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht