|Launched||March 31, 2007|
|Picture format||Ch1 480i Ch501 1080i|
|Broadcast area||New Jersey, Long Island, Lower Hudson Valley|
FiOS1 is a group of regional networks available exclusively on Verizon's FiOS TV. These networks provide news, weather, traffic, sports and original programming. The first FiOS1 channel was launched for FiOS subscribers in the Washington metropolitan area (including Maryland and Northern Virginia) on March 31, 2007. On June 22, 2009, two additional networks serving New Jersey and Long Island were launched. In 2014, the 4th Fios1 channel was launched for FiOS subscribers in the Lower Hudson Valley region in the state of New York. Currently three networks exist, but there are plans to expand to additional areas served by FiOS in the future.
These networks include content produced by RNN. In addition the networks also produce their own newscasts. Sports coverage features local high schools and colleges such as Rutgers University, Hofstra University and Princeton University.
Current on-air personalities include anchors CJ Papa and Megan Vega; meteorologists Brian Fitzgerald and Jeff Desnoyers; traffic and entertainment reporter Gloria Chapa and numerous other field reporters.
FiOS1 is on Channel 1 in SD and Channel 501 in HD in the FiOS TV channel lineup and is available at no extra cost to FiOS TV digital subscribers in the market area. It broadcasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Push Pause
- My Long Island TV produced by Waldo Cabrera
- Restaurant Hunter
- Heroes on our Island
- Money & Main$treet
- """Rutgers Athletics Partners with Verizon’s FiOS TV. Scarletknights.com. June 22, 2009. Retrieved January 19, 2012.
- "Verizon | More Collegiate Sports Coming to Verizon's FiOS1: Princeton and Hofstra Are Latest Universities to Reach Agreements to Televise Football, Soccer and Much More". Newscenter.verizon.com. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- Verizon FiOS 1 News - Lower Hudson Valley
- Verizon FiOS1 News - Long Island
- "Verizon Launches FiOS1 Channels on Long Island and in Northern New Jersey; Verizon FiOS Brings Consumers an Exciting, New Source for Hyper-Local Content With News, Sports, Traffic, Weather and So Much More". Verizon