Federally Funded Research and Development Center
Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs) conduct research for the United States Government. They are administered in accordance with U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 48, Part 35, Section 35.017 by universities and corporations.
List of FFRDCs
There are 39 recognized FFRDC that are sponsored by the U.S. government. They are as follows:
- University Affiliated Research Center - a strategic United States Department of Defense research center located within a university
- Hruby, Jill M., et al., Federation of American Scientists.
- Congressional Research Service: 'The Quasi Government: Hybrid Organizations with Both Government and Private Sector Legal Characteristics'
- US Research Grant Awards Database
- 2005 list of FFRDCs
- NSF Master List of FFRDCs