FIS Nordic World Ski Championships
|FIS Nordic World Ski Championships|
The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships have been held in various numbers and types of events since 1925 for men and since 1954 for women. Championship events include nordic skiing's three disciplines: cross-country skiing, ski jumping, and nordic combined (the latter being a combination sport consisting of both cross-country and ski jumping). From 1924 to 1939, the World Championships were held every year, including the Winter Olympics. After World War II, the World Championships were held every four years from 1950 to 1982. Since 1985, the World Championships have been held in odd-numbered years.
- Historical notes 1
- List of championships 2
- Cross-country skiing 3
- Nordic combined 4
- Ski jumping 5
- Medal table 6
- See also 7
- References 8
- External links 9
- From 1925 to 1927, the FIS referred to these events as Rendezvous races. During the periods of 1929–1931 and 1933–1935, the FIS referred to these events as FIS races. This event has been officially referred to as the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships since 1937.
- The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 1941 were declared a non-event by the FIS at their 1946 meeting and their results have been struck from the official records.
- The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 1980 consisted of a women's 20 km cross-country event because it was not included in the program of the Winter Olympics at Lake Placid.
- The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 1984 consisted of team events in both ski jumping and Nordic combined held at separate locations because neither event was included in the program of the Winter Olympics in Sarajevo.
List of championships
Table updated after the 2015 Championships.
|4||Germany (incl. East Germany)||37||51||35||123|
|5||Soviet Union (1954–91)||36||32||24||92|
|15||Czech Republic (1993–present)||3||6||6||15|
|16||Estonia (1938, 1993–present)||3||5||2||10|
|Total medals awarded||416||416||415||1247|
- Cross-country skiing at the Winter Olympics
- List of FIS Cross-Country World Cup champions
- IPC Biathlon and Cross-Country Skiing World Championships
- List of Olympic medalists in men's cross-country skiing
- List of Olympic medalists in women's cross-country skiing
- List of Olympic medalists in nordic combined
- List of Olympic medalists in ski jumping
- Nordic combined at the Winter Olympics
- FIS Nordic Combined World Cup
- Ski jumping at the Winter Olympics
- FIS Ski Jumping World Cup
- Non-Olympic event: women's 20 km cross-country skiing.
- Non-Olympic events: FIN: 3 x 10 km team Nordic combined; SUI: Non-Olympic event: team large hill ski jumping.
- FIS Nordic World Ski Championships from official site
- Sport 123 results – cross-country skiing
- Sport 123 results – Nordic combined
- Sport 123 results – ski jumping