3 November 1899|
11 October 1943
German Empire (to 1918)
|Years of service||
|Commands held||Grenadier-Regiment 585|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
|Other work||Police officer (Possibly 1919–1935)|
Ernst Voß (3 November 1899 – 11 October 1943) was a highly decorated Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II. Between World War I and World War II he was a Police Officer. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Ernst Voß was killed on 11 October 1943 near Nowo-Lipiwo, Ukraine. He was posthumously promoted to Generalmajor and on 28 October 1943 was awarded the Oak Leaves to his Knight's Cross.
Awards and decorations
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (23 September 1939)
- 1st Class (31 May 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal
- German Cross in Gold (17 August 1942)
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
- Knight's Cross on 18 April 1943 as Oberst and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 585
- 314th Oak Leaves on 28 October 1943 as Oberst and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 585 
- Thomas 1998, p. 406.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 351.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 63.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Ritterkreuztraeger 1939-1945