1 October 1915|
15 October 1944
|Years of service||1935–44|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Ernst Kruse (1 October 1915 - 15 October 1944) was a highly decorated Oberfähnrich in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Ernst Kruse was killed on 15 October 1944 near Serock, Poland.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (28 October 1939)
- 1st Class (26 July 1940)
Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- Panzer Badge in Silver
- Eastern Front Medal (1 September 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (19 January 1942)
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 6 October 1942 as Oberfeldwebel and platoon leader in the 7./Panzergrenadier-Regiment 3
- 245th Oak Leaves on 17 May 1943 as Oberfeldwebel and platoon leader in the 7./Panzergrenadier-Regiment 3
- Thomas 1997, p. 419.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 227.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 60.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Ritterkreuztraeger 1939-1945