|Dipl.-Ing. Erich Schneider|
12 August 1894
3 August 1980
German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1914–45|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Dipl.-Ing. Erich Schneider[Notes 1] (12 August 1894 – 3 August 1980) was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Erich Schneider was captured by Allied troops in 1945 and was held until 1947.
- Awards and decorations 1
- Notes 2
- References 3
- External links 4
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (22 September 1915)
- 1st Class (26 October 1916)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (24 June 1941)
- 1st Class (16 July 1941)
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- In German an engineer's degree is called Diplom-Ingenieur (abbreviated Dipl.-Ing.)
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 312.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 82.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Erich Schneider @ Axis Biographical Research at the Wayback Machine (archived February 16, 2011)
General der Panzertruppen Heinrich Eberbach
Commander of 4. Panzer-Division
14 November 1942 – 31 May 1943
General der Panzertruppen Dietrich von Saucken
Generalleutnant Hermann Flörke
Commander of 14. Infanterie-Division
28 December 1944 – 20 March 1945
Generalmajor Paul von Below