11 May 1890|
18 October 1961
German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1909–45|
|Rank||General der Infanterie|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Erich Jaschke (11 May 1890 – 18 October 1961) was a General der Infanterie in the Wehrmacht during World War II, and one of only 882 recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Erich Jaschke was captured by American troops in May 1945 and was released in 1947.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (5 November 1914)
- 1st Class (5 April 1915)
- Knight's Cross of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords
- Knight's Cross Second Class of the Order of the Zähringer Lion with Swords
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (31 May 1940)
- 1st Class (8 July 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 200.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 63.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
Generalleutnant Hans Zorn
Commander of 20. Infanterie-Division
12 January 1942 – 30 January 1943
Generalmajor Georg Jauer
Generalmajor Rudolf Freiherr von Roman
Commander of LV. Armeekorps
10 March 1943 – 5 October 1943
General der Infanterie Friedrich Herrlein