|Emil Wilhelm Vogel|
20 July 1894
1 October 1985
German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1914–45|
|Rank||General der Gebirgstruppe|
101. Jäger Division
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Emil Wilhelm Vogel (20 July 1894 – 1 October 1985) was a highly decorated General der Gebirgstruppe in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded the XXXVI. Gebirgskorps. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Emil Vogel was captured by British troops in Norway in 1945, he was released in 1947.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (11 June 1915)
- 1st Class (25 October 1916)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Anschluss Medal (8 November 1938)
- Sudetenland Medal (15 August 1939)
Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (25 September 1939)
- 1st Class (20 October 1939)
- Infantry Assault Badge (14 October 1942)
- Crimea Shield
- Eastern Front Medal (7 August 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (25 April 1942)
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 7 August 1943 as Generalleutnant and commander of 101. Jäger Division
- 475 Oak Leaves on 14 May 1944 as Generalleutnant and commander of 101. Jäger Division 
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht (29 March 1944)
- Thomas 1998, p. 403.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 350.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 70.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Ritterkreuztraeger 1939-1945
- specialcamp 11
Generalleutnant Erich Diestel
Commander of 101. Jäger-Division
1 September 1942 - 12 July 1944
Generalleutnant Dr. Walter Aßmann
General der Infanterie Karl Weisenberger
Commander of XXXVI. Gebirgskorps
10 August 1944 - 8 May 1945