4 December 1895|
14 December 1979
German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1914–45|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Eberhard Rodt (4 December 1895 – 14 December 1979) was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II who command several divisions. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
- Awards and decorations 1
- Notes 2
- References 3
- External links 4
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (30 July 1915)
- 1st Class (10 August 1918)
Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (21 May 1940)
- 1st Class (21 May 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal
- German Cross in Gold (23 August 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mentioned twice in the Wehrmachtbericht (25 January 1944 and 13 October 1944)
- The sequential numbers greater than 843 for the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves are unofficial and were assigned by the Association of Knight's Cross Recipients (AKCR) and are therefore denoted in parentheses.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 293.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 84.
- Fellgiebel 2000, pp. 102–111.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Ritterkreuztraeger 1939-1945
Generalleutnant Hellmut von der Chevallerie
Commander of 22. Panzer-Division
1 November 1942 – 3 March 1943
Generalleutnant Willibald Borowietz
Commander of 15. Panzergrenadier-Division
1 July 1943 – October 1943
Generalleutnant Ernst-Günther Baade