|Products||Direct broadcast satellite|
MVS Comunicaciones 51%
EchoStar Corporation 49%
Dish México, S. de R. L. de C.V. (In Mexico: Alcanzca) is a Mexican-owned company that operates a subscription satellite television service in México nationwide. S. de R. L. de C.V., stands for Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada de Capital Variable, a form of limited company. It is owned by MVS Comunicaciones 51% and EchoStar Corporation 49%.
On 1 December 2008, Dish México began to operate in México, after an agreement between EchoStar Corporation and the Mexican media conglomerate MVS Comunicaciones. EchoStar owns 49% and MVS owns 51% of Dish México. On January 2011, Dish México added six HD channels TNT, Space, Fox Sports en Español, History Channel, Universal Channel and Sony Entertainment Television. On April 2011 Dish México added three new channels: Fox, Nat Geo, and Nat Geo Wild. All of Dish México's channels programming are dubbed or subtitled in Spanish or originally Spanish language.
Dish México could not transmit Televisa or TV Azteca network locals due to a dispute between Dish México and Televisa. The fight was produced when Televisa wanted to charge Dish México per subscriber for its feeds of free over-the-air Televisa network channels; including some restricted channel. Dish México decided to distribute an HD receiver with a terrestrial antenna input which when connected to an over the air antenna picks up digital local stations signals free of charge. On June 16, 2013, Dish showed a TV commercial where they announced that it would add the national free-to-air television channels, including Televisa (Canal de las Estrellas, Canal 5 and Gala TV) and Televisión Azteca (Azteca 7 y Azteca Trece), thanks to the telecommunications reform enacted on June 2013, in which all satellite TV companies are obliged to transmit television signals that have 50 percent coverage national territory or more. The broadcast of these channels was made official since September 11, 2013.
|FOX Channels||Fox, Fox Life, MundoFox, Fox Sports (three channels), FX|
|Warner/Turner Channels||Warner Channel, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, TBS, CNN, CNN Internacional, HBO Channels, Space, TNT, TruTV, HTV, I.Sat|
|Over-the-air channels||Canal de las Estrellas, Canal 5, Azteca 7, Gala TV, Canal 11, Azteca 13,|
|Discovery Channels||Discovery Channel, Discovery Kids, Discovery HD Theater, Investigation Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet|
|Public||Congress of the Union Channel, SCJN’s Channel Mexico|
- Expansión Volume 40, Page 18 2009 "Gisela Vázquez, DISH México – La competencia en televisión satelital llegará a la Ciudad de México en las próximas semanas cuando Dish México inicie operaciones en el mayor mercado del país. Dish es una firma en la que participan la ..."
- Boletín bursátil: Sección Mercado de capitales Page 211 2008 "Dish México (Formada por MVS Comunicaciones y Echostar ..."
- Dish México
- Dish ofrecerá señal de Televisa y Tv Azteca
- Dish ofrecerá canales de Tv Azteca y Televisa
- Echostar Satellite Services
- Dish México Packages
- Dish HD receiver with over the air locals availablilty
- COFETEL: List of Mexican local channels broadcasting in digital